Monday, November 18

Bon Matin

Paris, sun break

I am in Paris and since my Achilles have not recovered from Berlin in '09 (and likely never will) I find myself up at the crack of dawn to power-walk with the other early-morning freaks. A benefit is that I can take my iphone and read news or emails as long as they are less than two sentences and no potholes.

My hotel in the 8e proudly displays: " Exposition « VEGETABLES » par Patrick Larouche."

And further:

"Des légumes surprenants et géants réalisés par cet artiste sculpteur. Doté d’une solide formation classique et féru de gastronomie, Patrick Laroche trouve une nouvelle source d’inspiration en créant, il y a quelques années, des bougeoirs en forme de légumes pour un grand restaurant."

A bunch of giant glazed asparagus and the Japanese take photos.