Saturday, January 28

Joan's Dress

Sonnet's exhibition, Ballgowns, up in May.  On display : 60 ballgowns , red carpet evening dresses and catwalk showstoppers , including Joan Collins' dress, designed for private parties, royal balls, state occasions and opening nights. Photo from the V& A.

We listen to the radio.
Madeleine: "That guy sounds like Woody Allen."
Me: "It is Woody Allen."
Madeleine: "I am amazing!"

Madeleine: "I miss Aneta."
Me: "She had a good year with us."
Madeleine: "I loved throwing water balloons on her when she wasn't looking."

Me: "I can't believe I turn 45 this year."
Madeleine: "Forty-five. Wow-w-w. I cannot  believe I am only turning 10."
Me:
Madeleine: "45 is my second luckiest number."
Me: "What's number-one?"
Madeleine: "Ten. I don't know why."
Me: "Those seem like good numbers."
Madeleine: "Yeah. When you add four plus five it is nine."
Me: "Yep."
Madeleine: "My age and your age."
Me: "In June. Let's not rush it kid."
Madeleine: "Will they ever add up? Your numbers and my age?"
Me: "Forty-seven."
Madeleine: "Four plus seven equals eleven."
Me: "That will work I think."
Madeleine: "Yep."