Saturday, November 19

Performance


Madeleine performs "stuff", she tells me now, which includes a few group songs, a bit of acting and some dance.  We parents enjoy the spectacle, even if I cannot follow the most of it.  The conclusion : a rousing "Mama Mia" followed by a singalong of "Just A Small Town Girl" by Glee and before that Journey.

Me: "This dog is driving me crazy. What are we going to do with him?"
Madeleine: "Do you want to give him back?"
Me: "Of course not. Would I ever give you back?"
Madeleine: "You can't 'cuz I'm your kid."
Me: "Oh, really? I was thinking maybe we would give you to Auntie Katie or Dana. Or maybe Gracie and Moe?"
Madeline: "You're not really being serious, are you Dad?"
Me: "Hmmm it's tempting. I'll have to check with your mother first."
Madeleine: "Dad!"
Me: "I could never give you up never you worry."