Friday, August 12

Russell Stover

We visit Russell Stover Candies factory in Montrose ("America's Favorite Chocolate Store"(R)) and, as Silver says, "kids in a candy store".

For those few unaware, Stover sells 60% of all boxed chocolate in the US of A or 100 M lbs of chocolate annually. Who hasn't, at some youthful moment, bought their most successful product : a heart-shaped box of Valentine's chocolates ?

Me: "How long does a gecko live?"
Madeleine: "It says 20 to 30 years."
Me: "That's nice. So who is going to take care of your gecko when you go to college?"
Madeleine: "I don't know. You, I guess."
Me: "You can always take it with you."
Madeleine: "The only way they are going to let me have a gecko in college, Dad, is if they are going to dissect it."

At Russell Stover
Madeleine: "I don't like chocolate, Dad."
Me: "Oh, really?"
Madeleine: "I only like four kinds: eclairs , Mars, Snickers and twirlers."
Me: "What's a twirler?"
Madeleine: "It's a kind of chocolate that has caramel in it. It is sooo nice."
Eitan: "I got a jaw breaker . [Eitan thrusts a radioactive blue ball in my face] "The women said her son had one and it took him two months to finish."
Me: "Oh, great. What do you do when you're not sucking on it?"
Eitan: "You can't break it with your teeth, either."
Madeleine: "Is it like chewing ice, Eitan ?"
Eitan: "Yeah. It's stronger than ice."
Madeleine: "Woa."
Me: "That's disgusting. Just don't let me see that thing anywhere in the house when we get back."
Eitan: "I bet I can finish mine in less than a month."
Madeleine: "Woa, Eitan, that is so wicked."