Saturday, July 9

Top Brass

Madeleine performs at the Friday assembly : "When The Saints Come Marching In" and "Curtain Up." Since all trumpateers get their moment we hear the same over and over and .. Our little dear takes control of her instrument and does an admirable job of conveying emotion or, at the least, an explosive sound. She sits next to Albin and Alex and they seem to have a good time.


Eitan: "Your questions are so boring."
Me: "Am I boring or weird ? Usually those things don't go together."
Eitan: "It depends on, like, what time of day."
Me: "I think they balance each other so I am normal. Maybe it is you that is weird."
Eitan: "I am like the most normal one around here."

Me: "Marcus do you think I am weird?"
Madeleine, whispering: "Say 'yes.' "
Marcus: "Yes."
Me: "Well, does your dad embarrass you, too?"
Marcus: "No, not really."
Me: "How about your mom?"
Marcus: "Yeah, she always says stuff that kind of embarrasses me."
Me: "The mother's always do. Does she tell her friends that you have pink pants?"
Eitan, Madeleine: "Dad!"
Me: "Do you have pink pants?"
Marcus: "No, I don't think so."
Madeleine: "You are so weird, Dad."