Tuesday, June 21

@ 44

If 44 not middle-age, I don't know what is. I am probably a few years beyond the center point but why be exact? And any ways : life repeats itself, you just don't know it until you reach 40. So, feeling a bit blue about it all as I usually do on my birthday, I come home to find Sonnet making dinner and Madeleine a birthday cake, which she hides in the refrigerator (she: "whatever you do, Dad, do not open the 'fridge.") She also gift-wraps (w/ an A4 sheet) a chocolate bar and a pair of Daffy Duck socks (today: "What socks are you wearing?") . Eitan gives me a birthday hug and Rusty jumps all over me. Industry Ventures receives its final commitment on Fund VI, which happens to be one of my guys, and the partnership closes. We watch Wimbledon (Murray wins!) then The Wire and to bed. In all, a nice day.

Thank you, everybody, for your emails, cards and etc's!

Me: "How old am I."
Madeleine: "44."
Me: "How old do I look?"
Madeleine: "How should I know? You're an adult."