Monday, December 22

Oasis


Eitan is Liam Gallagher (ever heard of Oasis dad?). He refuses a hair-cut and I don't bother him about it nor combing his hair. It drives Sonnet nuts but a boy has to express himself somehow. Oasis BTW formed in Manchester in '91 originally by Liam and later joined by Noel. Together, they have sold >50 million records worldwide, have had eight UK number-one singles and have collected 15 NME Awards, five Brit Awards, nine Q awards and four MTV Europe awards. In February 2007, Oasis received the BRIT Award for outstanding contribution to music. Imagine being in a rock 'n roll band with your family- well, hard for the brothers and they almost broke up in 2000. While touring in Barcelona in 2000, Oasis were forced to cancel a gig when drummer Alan White's arm seized up, and the band spent the night drinking instead. Liam made a derogatory comment about Noel's then-wife Meg Mathews, and attempted to cast doubt over the legitimacy of Noel's daughter Anais, causing a scuffle. Following this, Noel declared he was quitting touring overseas altogether, and Oasis were supposed to finish the tour without him. Noel eventually returned for the Irish and British legs of the tour, which included two major shows in London. A live album of the first show, called "Familiar to Millions," was released in late 2000 to mixed reviews. I wonder if their cat fighting heard in the background? I otherwise I own all their albums.

Madeleine (sitting idly on the floor): "Would my muscles snap if I did the splits? Would my bones crack?"
Eitan ponders, then: "Would your legs break off if they are pushed down by a machine?"
Madeleine: "Oh, Eitan - I bet that would REALLY hurt."

Madeleine sees that Oliver Twist is on TV. She asks
: "Is he the one who eats porridge?

Madeleine:
"I have hiccups that taste like peanuts. It's disgusting."

Kids fighting in the back-seat. Eitan looks at me indignantly: "She started it. She kicked me in the head first!"