Monday, October 20

Dawn Patrol


Madeleine scarfs a chocolate-chip chocolate muffin which I suffer for (they go nuts on the sugar). This morning at the dawn I am joined by Eitan during my Power Walk in Richmond Park. He hangs a few steps behind me, running every now and again to catch up. It is non-stop chatter from the git-go: football, Wayne Rooney, maths, top-5 Torres goals, Mrs X (his teacher), Mrs Y (last year's teacher) and other things on a youngster's mind. Usually when I do this I read my blackberry or listen to the news - or sometimes I jog. It is nice to have company and no small beer: we are out for 40 minutes and enough time to build up a sweat (for me any ways - Eitan seems unaffected). Madeleine catches us on the way in and wants the full after-action report from her brother: "was it hard Eitan? Was it? Are you out of breath? Was it scary in the park?" and so forth.