Tuesday, August 30

Readers

Justin and I hang a print (behind the kids) - real man's work, which requires a new drill, leveler and various other power tools. I apply my metro-sexual as we contemplate this, and other hangings, in the apartment sans fee, as I indicate to Natalie.


Me: "This is good cake."
Sonnet: "It's chocolate cake and chocolate icing."
Madeleine: "And coconut."
Me: "Well , it's good. Well done."
Madeleine: "It's called a chocolate mountain cake."
Me: "Oh, yeah?"
Madeleine: "Because it looks like a chocolate mountain."

Sonnet: "If anybody comes into our room tonight I will kill them."
Madeleine: "Really?"
Me: "I wouldn't mess with mom right now."

Eitan: "Can we watch 'Pirates Of The Caribbean' on the computer?"
Madeleine: "Yeah, dad can we, please?"
Me: "Sure, watch the movie."
Sonnet: "What happened to no-movies on the computer because you'll go blind?"
Me: "You can't watch the movie."
Eitan, Madeleine: "What!?"
Eitan: "Mom you are such a tell tale."
Madeleine: "And you never want us to have any fun!"
Sonnet to me: "what's up with that?"
Me: "I can't keep track of this stuff."