Monday, July 4

Mountains

Eitan climbs on rocks in an alpine stream.
Me: "Get out of the river. And I mean now."
Eitan: "Just let me go to to the other side."
Me:"Now. There are consequences coming."
Madeleine: "Can I go?"
Me: "No."
Madeleine: "See! You always let Eitan do everything."

Madeleine: "Dad, do you remember that time Eitan ate my Toblerone and you said he had to get me something?"
Me: "Yes?"
Madeleine: "Well he says he's never going to get me something."
Eitan: "What I said was that I wasn't going to get you something at the airport."
Madeleine: "See, dad, he's never going to get me something."
Eitan: "Yes I am."
Madeleine: "Are not."
Eitan: "Am."
Madeleine: "Not!"
Me: "Before I tell you to knock it off can somebody tell me what you are fighting about?"
Madeleine: "Sheesh, Dad, you don't have to yell."
Eitan, under breath: "He always yells"
Me: "Watch it you are on thin ice."
Madeleine: "Yeah, Dad, and make him buy me something."