Saturday, April 9

Anthony Horowitz


The kids queue for hours to meet Anthony Horowitz, the author behind "Alex Rider." (Eitan, aware that Horowitz a Chelsea fan, was going to wear his ManU shirt so I am happy to see Sonnet ordered him to take it off). And who is Alex Rider, you might ask, as I once did ? Well, Alex Rider a teenage spy. In Britain. The series aimed primarily at young adults and, with nine novels, one of the most popular of its type. Both Madeleine and Eitan, especially Eitan, devour them.


Anthony Horowitz: "What's your name?
Eitan: "Eitan."
Alex: "What kind of a name is that?"
Eitan: "It's Hebrew."
Anthony: "Do you know what it means?"
Eitan: "No."
Anthony: "Have you ever been to Israel?"
Eitan: "No."
Anthony: "I've been there when I was writing the Alex Rider books and I think it is a very interesting country."

For the record, "Eitan" is a Hebrew name that means "steady" or "firmness", "long lived", "strength" and "forceful."
Photo by Sonnet