Saturday, July 10

Sat Morning

The house falls asleep late given the July heat. This does not stop Sonnet from up-early to run a loop of Richmond Park with Stephanie. She laments afterwards: too hot. I sleep until 9AM which gets a couple of curious looks from the kids who poke their head in to see the lazy lunker that I am. Sometimes it must be done. This otherwise is a quiet week end - no football for Eitan and Madeleine leaves her swim suit at school. Smart kid.


Me: "Madeleine do you have something to say?"
Madeleine: "About what?"
Me: "I don't know. For my blog."
Madeleine: "No."
Me: "What are you reading?"
Madeleine: "The 'Toilet of Doom.'"
Me: "Is that a book?
Sonnet: "Yes."
Me: "Does your teacher know about it?"
Sonnet: "No."
Me: "Well, I guess you're reading."
Sonnet: "Yep."
Madeleine: "Leave me alone, Ok?"