Tuesday, February 20

Richmond

How did this late-summer photo get by me I wonder? Taken in Richmond nearby the High Street and our house, Eitan, Madeleine and I burn off some Sunday afternoon energy during the fading sunshine. While winter arrived disturbingly late in '06 the farmer's day-light savings nets dark mornings and early sunsets. We take what we can get outdoors. I note that Madeleine wears her All-England gear, excluding the sandals of course.

Katie leaves for Miami today to cover the trial of Carl Dorelian who was a wealthy member of the Haitian military regime’s high command, promoted for his role in staging a violent coup d'etat. Not only was he granted amnesty in the United States, he won $3.2MM in the state lottery.

I ask Eitan and Madeleine how we can reduce garbage and help the planet. Madeleine suggests: "if you love a rabbit, keep it."